Defenders of the Mystic Garden is now available for SCEE gamers (Europe).
Latest Entries »
Defenders of the Mystic Garden is now available for SCEA gamers (the Americas). To go along with the release, we’ve also created a new dedicated website to get tips and information on the game.
Defenders of the Mystic Garden will be released on April 18th in SCEE, or the European territories. Don’t forget that it will release on April 10th in the Americas.
Time for a bigger announcement. On April 10th, we’ve already announced that Defenders of the Mystic Garden will be releasing in SCEA or Sony Americas. We’ve just finished a deal with Sony and are proud to announce that the title will be FREE for PlayStation Plus members for the first week of release. It will be for sale to non-PS+ members for $3.49.
We are glad to be part of Sony’s PS+ offering and look forward to hearing your input and feedback on the game!
The game is entering a re-test in SCEE territories (Sony Europe) and we hope to release on 4/18 in those regions.
Defenders of the Mystic Garden is a play on the popular Tower Defense genre of games, and will be releasing in the Spring of 2012 on PlayStation Minis.
Players will find that various animals and insects are wreaking havoc on our backyard garden gnomes and stealing their strawberries. It’s up to you to place and command your defenses.
Instead of static towers you place one of four units. These units can stay still, be moved, or patrol between two points that the player chooses. Each level has a maximum allowed number units allow to be placed further adding to the strategy. This engages the player as they must move units around the screen to deal enough damage during each wave of enemies. The action never stops from the moment the player starts the level.
The artwork and style is a mix of beautifully hand painted 2D and 3D models with vibrant colors.
- 12 Challenging Levels of play spread out over 4 themed environments
- 4 fully animated loading screens (one for each of the 4 themes)
- Levels are categorized either Easy, Medium, or Hard (Strawberry Rating)
- Level statistics including number of times played, cleared, and high score are recorded
4 Playable Tower Units, with differing strategies, each with 17+ unique voice-overs and SFX during in-game events from placement, selection, upgrades and more.
- Close Range
- Moves Slow
- Deals Heavy Physical Damage
- Long Range
- Moves Fast
- Deals Light Physical Damage
- Very Long Range
- Moves Very Slow
- Deals Light Magic Damage
- Slows ALL Enemies in her Area of Attack
There is a Unit Stats screen detailing damage, range, attack speed and cost, accessible from the main menu screen.
16 Challenges for added re-playability
- Challenges include, defeating a certain number of enemies with idle or patrolling units, clearing a level with no strawberries being taken, different ways to clear a level, and more
- Challenge List and Progress accessible from the Main Menu screen
16 different enemies to defeat and collect
- Abilities include flying, speed bonuses, physical and magic resistances
- Collection Viewable in the Enemy Journal
- Statistics for how many times a certain enemy is defeated is also logged
We hope that you enjoy the level of polish and production value going into this title, and look forward to your feedback to help make our next game even better!
President @ Twisted Dragon Media
While this isn’t TDM news, we’d like to share this Kickstarter campaign from our friends in California working on Dueling Blades. This game is really going to usher in a new type of genre into Facebook games. Help them out if you can.
Link to the Kickstarter Campaign for Dueling Blade’s